Can your antifreeze be ingested without any harm to human or animal?

We make our antifreeze / coolants from glycerin, propylene gylcol (PG), reverse osmosis water, dyes, and an antifreeze additive package that allows us to meet the ASTM D6210 specification for heavy duty application without the of SCA’s or extenders.

The gycols that we use, glycerin and PG, are not poisonous if eaten by humans or animals.  Here is a reference material for PG from the Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry, “The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is ‘generally recognized as safe‘ for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products.

The reverse osmosis water is not harmful to humans or animals.

The dyes used are antifreeze dyes from Robert KOCH Industries Inc., which refer to being “not for use with foodstuffs, pharmaceutical products or cosmetics“.  Here is Safety Data Sheet (SDS) from the manufacturer for the Antifreeze Red 2532 Liquid (look it up on this website), just one of the dyes we use.

The antifreeze additive package is definitely not something that you want to swallow, or come into contact with.  The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) references the OSHA hazards, “irritant, harmful by ingestion“.

IN OTHER WORDS, PLEASE DO NOT DRINK OR HAVE YOUR ANIMALS INGEST OUR ANTIFREEZE / COOLANTS.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.